This is the first unit of work that you will study in your AS Cold War course. OCR expect you to know about the following topics for this unit.
- The Situation in 1941
- Capitalism and Communism and General Attitudes in the East and West
- Wartime Tensions in the Grand Alliance
- Tension and Difficulties at Tehran, Yalta and Potsdam
- The Liberation of Europe
- The Relationship Between Stalin, Churchill and Roosevelt and how this changed when Truman and Attlee came to power.
Unit One of our course is broken down into the following lessons:
1. What is a Cold War?
2. The differences between Communism and Capitalism.
3. The Russian Revolution and attitudes in 1917.
4. WWII and the Grand/Strange/Necessary Alliance.
5. The Atlantic Charter and Tehran Conference.
6. The Liberation of Europe.
7. The Yalta and Potsdam conferences.
8. Interpretations of the origins of the Cold War.
Use the categories on the right hand side of the page to search for videos and articles to further your studies alongside our classwork. You will be expected to contribute to this blog throughout your time at Mossbourne.